Passports & Visas
Before we can start helping with your job search, you’ll need a valid work visa for Australia.
All visitors entering Australia, except for New Zealand nationals, will need a visa. The type of visa you require depends on your reason for travelling to Australia. To enter Australia you will also need to have a valid passport.
An explanation of the four most common visas to allow you to work in Australia are outlined below.
For information on the most appropriate visa for you and to obtain the relevant application forms, please visit the Australian Government Department of Immigration website.
Below is an outline of the most common types of working visas available for travellers or professionals looking to work in Australia:
- Working Holiday Visa - those eligible can stay in Australia for up to 12 months. For information on eligibility and restrictions, visit www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/index.htm.
- General Skilled Migrant Visa - this visa is specifically for people who have skills in particular occupations required in Australia. For more information, visit www.immi.gov.au/skilled/index.htm.
- Employer Sponsored Visa - this visa is for people looking to work in Australia after being sponsored by an Australian or overseas employer. For information on eligibility, visit www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/index.htm.
- Spousal Visa - this visa is for partners of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens. For information on whether you are eligible for this visa, visit www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/family-visas-partner.htm.
- Visa Companies - An option for obtaining your visa is to go through a visa company. For a specific cost, a visa company specialises in getting the right visa for you and looking after all the formalities that are involved in working in Australia.
Other Useful Information